Sunday, June 24, 2012

A Birthday & Some Lake Time & An Adult Slipnslide

My super awesome hubby turned 29 last week. I have the hardest time surprising him or even getting him excited about birthdays. His birthday fell in the middle of the week so it's always hard to plan something great because we both work long days. He was leaving out of town with his brother for the weekend so I had to try and make his day pretty special since I wouldn't have the opportunity during the weekend!
I made him his dinner of choice and he opened his gifts.
It was a success
{see the pictures above and the facial expressions}
I surprised him and he had a great day. I bought him an iPhone. If you know my husband you know he was still rockin the flip phone. There's nothing wrong with the flip phone but it was ancient! Time for an upgrade. He had no idea what he was missing out on.
First picture he opened his Cabela's gifts cards, second picture the iPhone and third picture he opened his cool iPhone case which is an Otterbox and it's Camo. Bonus! He's hard on his phones because he works construction so hopefully the Otterbox will protect it for a little while.
I love him. Everything about him. I love spending time with him. It never gets old. We have tons of fun together and I'm so lucky I got to spend another birthday with him! 
Happy Birthday My Lover!

So since Jake was away this weekend, I decided to get out and enjoy the sunshine with my friends. I've decided when I'm home by myself for a few days I get super down about the whole infertility issue and I need to change that so I have been. These past few weeks have been BUSY! Non stop, always on the go. I'm ok with it.
My friends from work and I decided to do a little lake trip on Saturday. I LOVE the water, the lake, the boat, the sunshine and even the sunburns afterwards. Our day started out launching the boat only to turn the key in the boat and have it BREAK. Yep the key was stuck in the ignition, broke, done, no more! I was bummed but the guys went to the boat store, bought a new ignition, installed it and came back to try again. It worked. I was stoked.
We stayed on the lake pretty much all day. Laughed, relaxed and it was perfect. I couldn't have asked for a better summer day. I even got to play captain once and pulled the boys in the tubes. They hated me, I kicked their butts and it was pretty funny.
I have a lot of great peeps in my life!

And last but NOT least, our great friends the McCune family had a little BBQ at their house for the birthday people. My hubby was included but again had to be out of town with his brother so he was pretty bummed he couldn't join in the fun. I headed here after the lake and oh boy! It was a good time. Lots of laughs, LOTS of adults acting as children on this crazy big slipnslide and lots of great memories. What a great idea to get everyone together. I walked in the backyard and I see all of the kiddos playing on the grass and all of my crazy friends going down the slipnslide. The kids didn't stand a chance on this toy. We will be doing this again before the summer is over. It was so much fun! Thanks McCune family for thinking of EVERYONE and for having everyone at your house. Your the best!

1 comment:

Carly said...

You dissappeared from facebook, I miss your fun posts. It looks like you and your hubby are doing great and having a fun summer. We are busy to say the least, but having lots of fun. I always think about you and having a baby, I know it will happen for you, whether it be with having one of your own or adoption. It sucks it costs so much money to adopt, I would have done it already. :O)