Monday, March 4, 2013

March Already!!!

2013 started off great. I received a promotion at work and became a Supervisor. I was super excited. I've worked in the courts for about 5 years and was beginning to feel like I needed to move on because I wasn't moving up. Everything fell into place, I did an interview that was probably the worst interview on my part EVER. I was so nervous and it showed. Well they must have liked me and my interview because I was the chosen one. Things have been a bit crazy and I'm adjusting to "being in charge," but I love the girl's I work with and I'm really doing my best to make my workplace a better place for them to be in. It hasn't been easy but it is getting easier and I love my job and the changes it has come with.
We went out for a little celebration. My family and friends joined me. The night ended with an awesome dance off between me, Brooke & the bartender. We won! :)
 

 
 We bought a new car. I love, love, love it! My little sister was in search for a new car. I'd been wanting to look for a new car. I found the one I wanted and my little sis bought my old car. Perfect trade & my new car is so fun to drive.
 
In November I went to the doc for a physical check up. She found a huge cyst and scheduled an ultra sound for the following Monday. The cyst was big, about the size of a tennis ball. I went to a new OB doctor to get a second opinion and after looking at my chart, my past history with Endometriosis and all of the other fun things I've been through, this doctor referred me to a cancer doctor. He felt that a cancer doctor could do the procedure better than any normal OB doctor. So off to the cancer doctor I went. He was nice, to the point and scheduled surgery before I could even ask questions.
My surgery was last Wednesday and he removed two cysts. One the size of a baseball and the other the size of a golf ball, took about 7% of each ovary and did some other not so fun things to me. It was an in and out procedure which I am more than grateful for and now I'm recovering at home.
 
This last year has been a roller coaster to say the least. I've learned so many things about infertility, the human body, life, friendships and other things. I'm blessed to have the friends and family I have. This was a small bump in the road and even though this was the not so fun part of 2013 and kind of a downer, I have high hopes that maybe all of this nonsense with my body will bring a baby in the upcoming year. There is a reason behind every situation & even with the bad, I still have a lot of great things to be happy about in this life.
Happy March!!
Cannot wait for Spring, sunshine & warm temps.  

No comments: