Sunday, June 3, 2012

{Faves}

So, I'm on a "let's get organized" kick. It's going well. I made a budget binder with a weekly budget list obviously {hence the name}, a to do list, upcoming expenses and a variety of other tabs. We go to Walmart usually once or twice a week for things we probably really don't need but have lived with so we feel like we NEED those things. Walmart is a bad place for me. I can get EVERYTHING I need in that store and it's crazy and I get angry with other shoppers because people are inconsiderate but it doesn't stop me from shopping there. I decided that we need to get organized and quit wasting money on certain grocery items we don't need etc....

One expense we have cut back on lately is eating out. My husband takes his lunch daily now. I'm usually the one making it for him every night so I decided to come up with a few different food items he could take in his lunch. I started making a weekly "treat" rather than buying the junk at the store. I'm not saying my treats are any healthier but they are cheaper to make than to buy so I take the time to do it on Sunday.
Yes, it does save me money.
Don't judge that it's not your idea of "healthy."
It's a treat. His idea of a treat is a delicious soft cookie.
I'm ok with that!

Jake also loves muffins. I use to buy the really big ones from Costco. They aren't badly priced but they are huge, full of calories and I have to freeze them to keep them good all week. We tried the muffin mix below on the left. It's the Krusteaz brand, it's fat free and the only ingredient it calls for is WATER. It's fantastic. I make these every Sunday and it makes a whole dozen. Jake takes them for breakfast 5 days of the week, they stay soft for the whole week and believe it or not they are pretty good for being fat free.
Just thought I'd share a couple of my faves!
Also the cookies pictured above are cookies that I made last week. They are Peanut Butter Pudding Cookies {link is attached} and they are delicious if you like peanut butter.

2 comments:

Kendra said...

I was thinking about you today and wanted to say hello! Then I realized you aren't on fb anymore? So, I thought I'd stop in here. I hope all is going well with you!
Kendra

Jake and Courtney said...

Hey girl! Things are going well. Life throws ya curves but I'm managing. I hope you and your sweet family are doing well.