Sunday, June 24, 2012

Homegrown & Hand Picked

My in laws have a Cherry tree!
I'm obsessed with cherries so I went over to his house, got the ladder out and picked as many cherries as I could reach and they are DELICIOUS! Homegrown fruits and veggies are so much better than store bought.

-Jake's Garden-
Looks awesome. Can't wait to start eating veggies from here. My hubby did an awesome job planting everything and he has been taking care of it on a weekly basis.

Also-Just another one of my favorite side dishes. When I was in Hawaii last year I was introduced to Edamame {I think that's how it's spelled}. Anyway, since then I LOVE it. I buy the big bags from Costco and take it to work for a snack. It's great with just salt BUT a while back I found an awesome recipe on Pinterest that had my mouth watering so I created my own recipe that's super easy and delicious.
-1 bag of Edamame
Extra Virgin Olive Oil to coat
{I just use my own judgement. You don't want to much though}
Fry it up in the frying pan. When the olive oil starts to caramelize the outside then add some Italian Bread Crumbs & salt of course.
Let simmer on a low heat and serve.
Way easy side dish for dinner. The whole cooking process only takes about 10-15 minutes.
They are delicious.
Maybe not super healthy but still delicious and my husband even loves them.
Enjoy!

No comments: