Friday, August 31, 2012

{Celebrating Oktoberfest the German way}

Every year Snowbird holds an event called Oktoberfest. Well, I live about 40 minutes away and have NEVER attended. In fact, I've NEVER even been to snowbird. Super slacker! After my recent trip with some great peeps, I was definitely missing out. I will now attend on a yearly basis....maybe even twice a year.
Next year we plan on getting a room up there and staying the night. I cannot wait.
Lots of little booths with crafts and other trinkets, German music, several beer stands with different beers you can try, beautiful scenery, lots of fun rides and of course great company.
I also celebrated my husbands heritage while he was away on the mountain hunting. Tis the season....AGAIN {hunting season that is}.
This Oktoberfest is a celebration of Germans & my husband just so happens to have German in his blood so I had an adult beverage for him. He was jealous. I should take him...He would love it just as much.

Prost {cheers in German}

I'm deathly afraid of heights. Not a fan and I think the fear gets worse as I get older. Everybody had the brilliant idea to ride the tram to the "top of the world" they called it. I wasn't about to be the party pooper so I went ahead and got my ticket also. Little did I know the tram was held up by a cable and it literally went to the TOP OF THE WORLD. Oh my goodness. My heart was racing. I was super nervous riding the tram. We got to the top and I will admit the world was a beautiful/peaceful place from up there. We were high as could be. The pics on the bottom row of the collage are proof I was there and proof I was trying to have a good time. :) Thank goodness for great friends who cheered me on!
Pure beauty on the top of the mountain but it was freezing cold....50 something degrees to be exact and it started raining. We laughed it off and headed back down the mountain. I'm so awesome I hiked all the way down....ok that was a lie. I didn't hike back down. No way! Fun to tell people that though.
Another great thing about this day was my BEST FRIEND in the whole world was with me. She was visiting from Texas & I was in heaven. We had so much fun together.

snowbird=HIGHLY recommended
Fall is on the way. Can't wait for cool air, hoodies, pumpkin lattes & the smell of fall!

No comments: