Saturday, September 1, 2012

-Summer is GoNe-Fall is around the CoRnEr-

August has come to an end. I'm bummed. Don't get me wrong, I love fall. The older I get the more I appreciate each season....except winter. Still not a fan of the snow. I feel like this summer skipped right by me. I was busy pretty much every single weekend. I have a hard time telling people NO so therefore I have something going on pretty much every weekend. I love my crazy hectic life but sheesh...not much pool time/soakin up the sun for this girl. Bummer....Summer was enjoyable though. Not complaining.

The hubs has been working hard like always. The job he's on is very hard work and most weekdays he comes home, cooks me dinner because he's amazing, I get home, we eat, clean up, sit on the couch for a minute, I get up, make his lunch for the next day and then it's time for bed. We are so exciting. Ya'll are missing out I tell ya! Our routine is pretty much the same throughout the week. I don't mind it. Hunting season has begun so Jake will spend a lot of his time in the mountains. He loves it up there and by now he deserves a break from his emotional wife so I'm glad he gets to go hang out with his buds.

The past month my very best friend has visited twice. Yep TWICE! I love having her here. She's just that ONE person I know I can always count on. I don't need to ask, she's just there. She gives the greatest advice and sometimes she just listens. She has me laughing until I cry pretty much the whole time we are together. It's been really nice having her close to me. In the 14 years we've been best friends, we've only really spent 3 years close enough to each other to hang out. CrAzY!! The other 11 years we've spent miles apart. It's hard BUT I'm so blessed to have her in my life and can't wait to see her again very SOON because she's moving back to UTAH...EEEK!!! :) I'm so excited. She will be moving here at the end of the month. My prayers have been answered. I need my best friend close to me right now. I can't wait for this new adventure she's about to go on. So excited to be a part of it.

No babies for us still. Just doctors, decisions, sad days & happy days. We are still trying to figure things out. Some days are easier than others, some days I'm just super frustrated & want to go out and buy myself a new car and some new clothes and call it good ha ha...I know, I know a temporary fix to a temporary issue but some days that just sounds better than another doctors appointment that usually ends in bad news. I've been a little on edge lately. With the world mainly....damn you world!!! I'm not sure what's going on. I have a lot of emotions regarding my infertility and what we are going through and I often just feel like I'm not allowed to feel the way I do. I get accused of just being ornery or told that I need to find better solutions so that I'm not sad or upset. I just want everyone to allow me to feel the way I do and just listen if I need to speak. It's ok for me to be upset some days or distance myself from others. That's the way I'm dealing with this. It might not be healthy for me but it's my life, my emotions....Anyway I'm dealing with things the only way I know how. I don't know if it's right or if it's wrong but this is who I am for now. I keep reminding myself this is just a temporary situation and it will all work out....Right? Right!!!!

I have some goals for the month of September & I'm hoping things fall into place.

-Just signed up for a new gym. It doesn't open until December but I can go to other gyms in the mean time. I'm so excited. I love the gym. It's a great stress reliever and will really help me to feel better about myself and everything that's going on. I have some friends that will be joining me and I'm stoked. My goal is to go at least 3 times a week, if not more.

-Honey Do's around the house....for ME not for Jake. He will be hunting most weekends so when he's away I like to use that time to do things around the house. My goal as of now is to paint MY bathroom and change the color scheme and what not. As much as I love painting {insert sarcasm}, it needs to be done. I'm about to get motivated. {thank you pinterest}

-Continue to plan our weekly meals. This has worked out great. I love it. It's saved us money on groceries and it's nice to have a plan and not have to think about what to fix during the week. I give props to my hubby. He's an amazing cook & seriously saves me an extra hour during the week by cooking dinner before I get home from work! What would I do without him?

-Begin this support group I found for Infertility. It's right by my house and other women like me go to just chat it up about their emotions and all that jazz. I'm super excited to meet people who can listen and understand without worrying they are judging me in the process. Can't wait!!!

-Less worrying! Whoa this is going to be a tough one for me. I worry about everyone & everything. Not healthy. I'm hoping the gym will help me relax and be able to do more things for myself. I am excited to do more of my crafting, scrapbooking & baking that I love so much. Motivation-that's the key for me...MORE MOTIVATION!

-Get our house refinanced and out of my mind. We've been trying to refinance for months and the bank we are going through is awful. Such a headache & so unprofessional. Crossing our fingers we can close in the month of September and that will be one less headache for the both of us!
 
-Get serious about school. In fact, I was just online getting some info. I need to go back to school. I know I need to do it. I know I need to do something. Not so much for a degree but just to continue learning and helping my mind focus on more important things. I'm worried. I was never a school person which is probably why I never went to college. I'm not a fan of tests and often clam up at the sound of the word TEST. I could know it all and then fail just like that. Whewwww this is going to be tough. Oh and MATH...Let's not even go there. I'm pretty sure if I take math, I will be in Kindergarten status again. Gotta start somewhere-here goes nothing!!
 
So, that's what we've been up to. More pics to come of my girl's weekend.
PS-Today was September 1st & it was total hoodie weather. I even stopped and grabbed myself a HOT white chocolate mocha from Beans & Brew to enjoy the fall like weather. So excited for the season to be changing even if it means summer is over.... 

No comments: