Friday, July 6, 2012

4th Fun!!!

The 4th of July is a pretty big deal around the Frehner house. Tank wars has been a tradition for as long as I've known Jake. It's something everyone looks forward to every year and I know my hubby probably enjoys it more than the kiddos do. This year, Jake's brother Tim & his family graced us with their presence. We love when they come to visit. We love spending time with the kids & getting giant bear hugs from Ethan.
 As you can see-we had a good time. Lots of laughs, lots of smoke and I think my hubby and our friend Rod were the winners {see the last picture above on the right side} ha ha Tim thought he was the winner but we will just let him THINK that. After all, they did make the trip up here to spend with us AND it was his 40th birthday.
We celebrated the 4th with some amazing food, and cake & ice cream. Our friends Rod & Jacque usually join us for the festivities and we are always glad to have them.

After the Frehner family party we headed over to our hometown carnival with our friends. It's also a tradition we've carried on throughout the years and we always have a great time together. This year was especially fun because the Necaise fam has their little boy Daxton. He rode on the rides and enjoyed the lights of the fireworks. He's at such a fun age and I know I love being around him. He brings a lot of joy to all of us.

 Cary, Dax & Chelsey

Me & my handsome guy

The newlyweds-The Mulvaney's

One big happy family
We love our friends!

Somewhere Rod & Chelsey were in one of those carts. I don't know how they can ride this ride because just watching them made me sick but they enjoyed it and it was fun for us to stand back and watch

Little man enjoying his big boy ride. He loved it and even through a tantrum when he had to get off. It was pretty funny

Ready for some fireworks!!

Yay! Dax loves them....only for about 10 minutes though & then he was ready to run around some more

We love celebrating the 4th. It's my favorite holiday & Jake's favorite holiday. We've been so busy it was nice to just relax and hang out. I didn't even cook for our Frehner family party....Whoa, for me that's crazy because I usually cook way more than anyone can eat but I enjoy it. This time I just relaxed and enjoyed everyone's company and it was so nice.
Next week we are headed to San Francisco to visit Jake's brother. We CAN'T wait. A much needed little getaway is something we definitely deserve together.
Pictures to come :)


No comments: